What Was The Message From The Dressing Room For Shubman Gill Ahead Of His Double Century Against NZ In 1st ODI

 Shubman Gill: What was the message from the dressing room for Gill ahead of the double hundred?

Shubman Gill: Shubman Gill, who scored 208 off 149 balls, got the man of the match award.  Gill said at the end of the match that he did not think he would score a double century.  One time a special message came for him from the dressing room.  What was that message?

What was the message from the dressing room for Shubman Gill ahead of his double century against NZ in 1st ODI

HYDERABAD: Team India is on a fast pace.  After a 3-0 ODI series win against Sri Lanka, the Men in Blue are now busy with a three-match ODI series against New Zealand.  For the time being, India went ahead in the series against New Zealand by 1-0.  Shubman Gill's double century came in the first ODI match with a wide bat.  In front of which Michael Bracewell's century has faded.  Shubman Gill, who scored 208 off 149 balls, won the man of the match award.  Gill said at the end of the match that he did not think he would score a double century.  One time a special message came for him from the dressing room.  What was that message?  Know details in this report of Next World Cup.

Shubman Gill understood the situation of the match and controlled the aggression.  If not, maybe Giller would have reached his 200th.  At the press conference at the end of the match, the aggressive Gill said about his aggression, "I felt that I needed to play by attacking long ago.  But when we were losing wickets, it didn't happen anymore.  If you play with attack, the bowler will not have the courage to dot the ball.  But even after losing wickets, I decided to play with the goal in mind.  So that the bowler understands that if I get a bad ball, I will send it to the boundary."

Gill scored 116 runs in the third ODI against Sri Lanka.  He was far away from a double century.  But against New Zealand he managed to turn the century into a double century.  He said, “I expected big runs in the first and third ODIs against Sri Lanka.  But unfortunately that didn't happen.  I was thinking of only one thing after I got set here.  I will run as much as possible for the team.  I feel very good.  Consistency is everything in cricket.  I try to hold on to that.  Consistency as a batter is very important.  It would be great to have it for a long time.”


 He further said, “After losing consecutive wickets, I got a message from the dressing room that I should bat till the end.  Because of that, I played a bit more cautiously.  Because we knew that losing a set batsman's wicket would put our late batsmen at a disadvantage."

Going into the 46-47th over, Gill felt that the double century could be written with his bat.  Regarding this, Gill said, “First I decided to try to take big shots in the last 5 overs.  But when Washi (Washington Sunder) got out in the 44th over, the message came to me that I should take big shots in the last 3 overs.  But I think I hit a couple of sixes in the 46th or 47th over, because I felt it was the right time to hit the big shots.  Because I was able to read the bowler."


 Gill now holds the record for being the youngest player to score a double century in ODI cricket.  Due to which, social media is pouring in well wishes for him.  India's current and former cricketers are also in that list.  Former India star all-rounder Yuvraj Singh tweeted for Gill.  Asked to react to Yuvraj Singh's tweet, Gill said, “I feel very good.  Yuvi Paaji is my mentor, elder brother.  Worked with him a lot during and after the lockdown.  I talked to him about how to improve in batting.  My father was my first coach since I started playing cricket.  So I think it's a special honor for me to make Yuvi Paaji and my father happy."

Indian all-rounder Hardik Pandya's dismissal in this match has been heavily debated.  When Gill was asked about that, he said, “From the non-striker's end I didn't think the ball hit the stumps.  When I watched the replay, there were some blind spots.  These stumps are different.  And apart from that at the end of the day it is the third umpire's decision.  So it is better to respect his decision."


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.